Growing your hair out isn’t easy and can take a long time. I’m going to put some tips for you all, so you can also have long locks.
First of all, when you decided to grow your hair, you need to Start with a good base. Make sure when you are going to grow your hair out, that your hair has no split ends and is not too damaged. So trim your hair before you want your hair to grow.
- Try to stay away from hot irons and hair dryers. This is very drying for your hair. Hot irons wil take away the moisture in your hair and gives that straw like look to your hair. Try to challenge yourself. Stop using heat for a period of time. Maybe a week or a month. You will see a big difference in your hair if you stop using the hot irons.
- Try not to do dramatic color changes in your hair. Especially bleaching, this can ruin your hair!This will damage it very badly. When dyeing your hair, try to stay 2 tones close to your own hair color.
- Don’t use conditioners or hair masks on your roods, this can clog up your pores. This way, it is hard for your hair to grow and it will go greasy very fast.
- Try to use a shampoo without sulfates. They can strip the natural oils from your hair and make it more susceptible for breakage.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. This will strip the oils from your hair and makes the scalp really dry. Try to wash it 3 times a week. You can also try out a dry shampoo. This way you can skip and extra day without washing your hair. When you do wash your hair, give yourself a good head massage. This way you will stimulate the blood circulation. wash only your roots! Only your roots have to get clean, not your ends. When washing out the shampoo, the shampoo will rinse the ends and clean them. If you wash your ends, they will get very dry over time.
- Try to deep condition your hair at least every month. This will give your hair some extra strength and moisture.
- Trim your hair at least twice a year. This will get rid of all the split ends. If you don’t do this, the split ends are going to split further up the hair shaft. And eventually, your hair will break.
- Don’t brush your hair to much. To much brushing can couse breakage. Do never ever brush your hair when it is wet. This way you will brake off your hair strands bad!
- Drink water! Water is sooooo important for your hair. Water will give moisture and easy circumstances for your hair to grow.
- Eat healthy and sport. Beauty starts from the inside. You are what you eat. Food definitely affects your skin and hair.
- Try to wear your hair in a ponytail or a brad when you sleep. This way it won’t be a knottet mess when you wake up. Also sleep on a satin pillow case. This is soft for the hair and scalp.
- Low manipulation styles. This means that you style your hair without manipulating it too much. Let your hair sometimes just like it is and don’t do anything with it.
This were some tips from me, and i hope it was helpfull! :p